Coconut shell hanging planter
There are more uses to the ever-trusty coconut
Dec 3, 2016 |
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2-3 coconut half-shells, husk removed Abaca twine
- Using a pencil, mark on the coconut shells where to place drill holes for the twine. Using the same procedure, mark where the decorative holes will be drilled as well.
- Using different-sized drill bits, drill holes where the coconut is marked in pencil. Make sure to use protective glasses.
- Once finished, sand the entire shell using sand paper to smoothen surface.
- Wash to remove excess dust and leave to dry.
- Once dry, coat with varnish. Leave to dry.
- When the varnish is dry, string the twine through the drill holes. Set one shell above the other so it hangs.
- Place plants in shells and hang the planter.