Guess how Duterte abolished drugs in six months
Go on, we'll give you three tries
Aug 13, 2017
Actually, he can’t. We lack the equipment. We have more pressing matters in the country, like poverty, corruption, and the security of our coastline. Lastly, the drug problem in the Philippines is a complicated matter intertwined within our culture and the prevailing issues of this country, previously mentioned above. It cannot be unraveled in haste.
During the centennial celebration of the Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City last Friday, Duterte admitted that he couldn’t control the drug problems in the Philippines. Not in six months. Quite possibly, not during his presidency.
His exact words were, “Hindi makaya nga ng iba, tayo pa kaya? (If the others couldn’t do it, much less us?) Iyong drugs na iyan (Those drugs) we can’t control it.”
As for his missed deadline, he claims that it was a miscalculation because he hadn’t realized the gravity of the problem at the time. Three thousand four hundred suspects were killed during President Duterte’s war on drugs, all whose executions were committed in the name of a hasty solution to this drug problem.
Here’s something that could ease your frustration. The Hashish Fudge is the earliest marijuana granola bar recipe published in a cookbook from 1954 entitled The Alice B. Toklas Cookbook. Enjoy.
That is, if you don’t get tokhang first.
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 whole nutmeg
4 average sticks of cinnamon
1 teaspoon coriander
A handful of stoned dates
A handful of dried figs
A handful of shelled almonds
A bunch of cannabis sativa
1 cup sugar
- Pulverize black peppercorns, nutmeg, cinnamon, coriander in a mortar.
- Chop stoned dates, dried figs, shelled almonds and peanuts and mix them together.
- Pulverise cannabis. Dust this and the pulverized spices over the mixed fruits and nuts.
- Caramelize 1 cup sugar into a big pat of butter. Pour the mixture over the mixed fruits and nuts.
- Knead the mixed fruits and nuts together. Roll them into a cake and cut into pieces or make into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Eat in moderation. Two pieces are quite sufficient.
Photos courtesy of pixabay.com and inquirer.net
Bureau of Customs’ 80-year old neo-classical building hit by fire
Why is a chocolate biscuit accused of racism back in the local market?
Tandang Sora flyover closure moved to Mar. 1
MRT-3 now allows bottled water and other liquids beyond 100 mL
You can keep your mobile number for life under this new law