Frilly bookmarks for your summer readings
Apr 4, 2018 |
Yarn of your choice
Thick printed card scraps of your choice
Separate piece of thick card about 3 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall
- Cut the printed card into a rectangle to form the bookmark.
- Punch a hole through the topmost center of the card.
- Loop the yarn around the separate piece of card length-wise, about 40 to 50 times, depending on how chunky you want the tassel.
- Cut another piece of yarn and tightly knot the top of the loop. Don’t cut the string.
- Cut through the bottom part of the loop to free the yarn from the card.
- With another piece of yarn, tie a knot around the yarn, just below the top knot to form the tassel.
- Gently finger comb the tassel to smooth any tangles in the yarn.
- Cut excess or protruding yarn at the bottom, making the length as uniform as possible.
- Knot the top of the tassel through the punched hole.
This article was originally published in Northern Living, February 2016.