WATCH: Ditch the soy sauce and try this version of white adobo
1 whole chicken (pre-cut)
1 cup buko juice
3/4 cups coconut vinegar
2 bulbs of garlic
2 pcs. bay leaves
1 tsp. peppercorn
4 tbsp. toasted garlic chips
- Slice the first garlic bulb crosswise.
- Pound the other garlic bulb with a mortar and pestle.
- Place the chicken, buko juice, vinegar, salt, peppercorn, sliced garlic, and bay leaves in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the chicken is cooked. Separate the chicken from the liquid.
- In a sauté pan, shallow fry the chicken until golden. Add pounded garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add sauce and reduce.
This recipe was originally published in Southern Living, August 2017.