WATCH: Here’s how to bring out apahap’s flavor using fennel and lemon
1 kg. seabass or apahap (whole)
2 pcs. fennel bulb
250 ml. dry white wine
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven at 180 °C.
- Slice the fennel bulb and lemon thinly.
- Clean the fish.
- Score both sides with three diagonal slits.
- Slit horizontally, along the belly to create a cavity, and season with lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with sliced fennel and lemon.
- Pour white wine over fish and place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
This recipe was originally published in Northern Living, August 2017.