Kelis finally shares the secret to her milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard
It's booze. Lots of good booze.
Sep 15, 2017
After 14 incredibly long years, Kelis (Rogers) finally answers one of the music industry and pop culture’s greatest mysteries. What exactly is in her milkshake that brought all the boys to the yard?
Thanks to the National Chocolate Milkshake Day last Sept. 12 (yes, it’s a real holiday), we can finally enlighten ourselves with the truth and measure whether her milkshake is better than all of ours.
What most people don’t know about Rogers is that she’s actually a Cordon Bleu-trained chef. She graduated from The Cordon Bleu in 2008, and has since then launched a sauce brand, opened a pop-up restaurant in London, and penned a cookbook titled “My Life on a Plate: Recipes From Around the World.” That being said, you can expect that this milkshake recipe isn’t just another run-of-the-mill chocolate drink that you can get at some diner somewhere.
So what is the secret ingredient in this singer-songwriter-turned-chef’s much-anticipated milkshake? Check out the recipe below.
- 3 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- 8 oz. ginger beer
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 5 pieces candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chili cinnamon
- ginger-infused whipped cream
- Combine Baileys, ginger beer, chocolate ice cream, candied ginger and cayenne pepper in a blender with a cup of ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the glass with chili-cinnamon-sugar rim (1:1:1).
- Top with ginger-infused whipped cream and a piece of candied ginger.
- Check the yard.
There you have it. If you ever try this recipe out, let us know if boys suddenly start coming to your yard and if Kelis’ milkshake really is irrefutably better than yours.
Photos courtesy of dailymail.co.uk and pixabay.com