Where is the food industry headed?
We wouldn’t know, but we’re sure the experts at the F&B Summit would
Oct 2, 2017
It doesn’t take a genius to know that the food industry is one of the most thriving industries in the country. Just scroll through your social media feed and you’ll see it: Almost every week, we see new restaurants opening all over the metro, we come across food parks being constructed, and we hear a lot of hot concepts being thrown around—organic, farm-to-table, sustainable—the list goes on.
With all these things happening, it’s pretty hard to pinpoint just where exactly this industry will take our appetites to next. It could be especially overwhelming if you yourself plan to enter the culinary world.
F&B Report, a leading publication covering topics on the food and beverage industry, is hosting the first F&B Summit this coming Oct. 5 at Samsung Hall, SM Aura Premier.
Foodies, farmers, restaurateurs, chefs (and chefs-to-be!)—here’s a peek into what will be discussed at the summit:
- How to successfully launch and run a food business (with Abba Napa of The Moment Group)
- Why social enterprise is the cool new thing today (with Charlene Tan of Good Food Community)
- Establishing food diversity (with 2016 Asia’s Best Female Chef, Margarita Forés, of Cibo and Grace Park)
- How to appease the millennial market (with food consultant Peter Pysk)
- The state of farming, the value of going organic, and plant-based cuisine (with Department of Agriculture undersecretary Berna Romulo-Puyat, Ritual’s Bea Misa-Crisostomo, DowntoEarth’s Nicolo Aberasturi, Kitayama’s Vicky Lauchengco, and Earthbeat Farms’ Enzo Pinga)
- Challenges and promise of hotels, resorts, and culinary schools (with Enderun Colleges, Apotheke Spirits, Fundacion Pacita, and Center for Culinary Arts)
- New perspectives in the restaurant industry, such as the rise of food parks, celebrity mixologists, and the abundance of new restaurants (with JP Anglo of Sarsa, Josh Boutwood of The Test Kitchen MNL, Eric Dee of FooDee Global Concepts, Happy Ongpauco-Tiu, and Lee Watson)
This event is powered by Hinge Inquirer Publications, presented by F&B Report Magazine, in partnership with McCormick Culinary, also brought to you by Nespresso and our official venue partner Samsung Hall, SM Aura Premiere. For more details visit F&B Report on Facebook. Buy your tickets at SM Tickets outlets nationwide, call 470-2222 or visit smtickets.com.
The first coffee festival in Manila is almost here
All the art events happening this week outside of Art Fair Philippines
Why this motel’s pancit sa bilao has a cult following
This underground café is only an hour away from Manila
This bar in Tomas Morato dares you to eat worms with their cocktail