Make this easy sugar scrub with your Valentine’s Day roses
3-5 roses, or more depending on size
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
Your favorite essential oil (optional)
- Run the rose petals under water to clean and remove residue.
- Shred rose petals into smaller pieces.
- Place around 1/2 cup of petals and the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until everything is incorporated. Here’s where you can adjust the texture from coarse to fine. Add in a few drops of essential oil if you want. Good ones are lavender or lemon.
- Store in an airtight container. Use on your face or body for a natural exfoliant.
Valentine’s day is over, you’ve got a gorgeous bouquet of roses. Maybe you’ve put them in a jar of water. Chances are, the roses will die in a matter of days. Instead of letting your loved one’s flowers go to waste, why not make something out of it?
This scrub is extremely easy to make, and with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Benefits of a rose scrub
Rose-infused beauty products are great for achieving a natural glow. With astringent and antioxidant properties, it improves complexion and acne and is great for oily skin types. Since this one’s made without harmful chemicals and preservatives, it can be used on sensitive skin.
The coconut oil acts as a natural moisturizer. Sugar crystals are your physical exfoliators, which help scrub away dead skin without breaking its moisture barrier.
Did we mention it smells great and makes you feel like you’re in a spa?