Soft-boiled eggs with parmesan toast for light snacking
4 to 5 organic eggs
4 to 5 slices of rustic bread
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1. Bring a medium saucepot with water to a boil. Turn down the heat and reduce the water to a gentle simmer.
2. Carefully put the eggs in the water. Let them boil for one minute and 30 seconds, then remove saucepot from the heat. Cover with the lid and leave the eggs in the water for another 4 to 5 minutes.
3. While waiting for the eggs, prepare the Parmesan toast. Using a brush, spread olive oil and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds on the bread. Toast bread in the oven toaster.
4. Let cool and slice the bread lengthwise.
5. To serve, crack the eggs immediately and place them in egg cups.
This recipe was originally published in Southern Living, July 2016