Book a table for the biggest French dinner in the world
Goût de France has chosen 18 chefs from the Philippines this year
Mar 9, 2018
It’s no secret that France is among the world’s most romantic countries, so it makes sense that anything they offer can easily make one fall head over heels with the place—food included.
On Mar. 21, about 3,000 chefs from around the world, 18 of whom are from the Philippines, will be hosting the largest French dinner ever. Goût de France (Good France) was launched in 2015 by the French Ministry Foreign Affairs and French chef Alain Ducasse as a tribute to the excellence of French cuisine and its power to innovate and unite people in an environmentally-friendly and healthy way.
Goût de France was inspired by Auguste Escoffier’s “Epicurean Dinners:” to serve the same menu on the same day, in several cities, and for as many guests as possible.
An international committee led by Ducasse has selected the chefs to cook a French dinner to be served in their respective restaurants. The proposed menus must follow the sequence of a traditional French meal: aperitif with finger food, starter, one or two main courses, cheese platter, and dessert, accompanied by French wines and spirits, of course.
See the participating establishments on the list below:
- Le Bistro d’Agathe – Makati
- Chef Jessie Rockwell Club – Makati
- CDP Global Table – Makati
- Eiffel Kubo – Bukidnon City
- Elbert’s Steak Room – Makati
- L’Entrecôte – Taguig
- Gourmet Bar – Novotel Manila, Araneta Center, Quezon City
- Lemuria – Quezon City
- Maria Luisa’s Garden Room – Makati
- La Mère Poulard Manila – Taguig
- Paris Délice – Makati
- Le Petit Soufflé – Makati
- Restaurant 101 – Taguig
- Sagana Epicerie and Bistro – Taguig
- Samira – Tagaytay City
- Spiral Manila – Sofitel Philippine Plaza, Pasay City
- Vatel Restaurant Manila – Manila
- La Vie Parisienne – Cebu City
Read more from Bea Llagas:
All the art events happening this week outside of Art Fair Philippines
This underground café is only an hour away from Manila
This bar in Tomas Morato dares you to eat worms with their cocktail
Your favorite book is also a drink at this book bar
Book bar Kwago to unveil more books, cozier space on Feb. 9