WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2 clean twigs of roughly the same size
Fresh flowers with sturdy stems
Clear nylon fishing line
Adhesive ceiling hooks
- Cut the twigs and knot them together, forming an “x,” using the nylon fishing line.
- Knot another long piece of string at the center and temporarily hang the twigs.
- Vary the lengths of the stemmed flowers that you leave on each twig.
- Tie a piece of string close to the bottom of each stem. Tie the stemmed flowers upside down on a section of the twig at different heights.
- Secure the hooks on the ceiling, and knot the mobile.
- Cut all excess strings from the twigs and stemmed flowers.
Tip: You can also hang the mobile from a mobile hanger on the wall and use faux flowers for a more permanent floral arrangement.
This story was originally published in Southern Living, August 2015.