Self-confessed couch potato? Netflix needs you
The video streaming platform will pay you to binge watch and write
Apr 2, 2018
Every month, Netflix releases a great deal of content, from original TV series to films to documentaries, to tighten its clutch to its subscribers. Just look at this overwhelming list of titles the streaming giant’s dropping this month.
With this growing index of videos follows their need for a cataloger who’ll keep track of their content.
In other words, a professional binge-watcher. Or a Netflix librarian. This isn’t just a concept anymore.
Two days ago, Netflix posted a job opening for an editorial analyst, according to Esquire. The responsibilities include the ability to “watch, research, rate, tag, annotate, and write analyses for movie and TV content.”
However, it looks like they’ve deleted the original job posting. Don’t fret, though, as they’re still hiring an analyst that would take care of their Japanese shows.
Wondering what the qualifications are? Here are some:
- Passionate about movies and TV with a deep knowledge of the entertainment industry
- Ability to distinguish nuances within different movie and TV genres
- Ability to distill the essence of a movie/show and share findings in a concise manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-moving, professional environment
- Ability to remain objective and deliver constructive analysis
- Proficiency in Japanese is mandatory
- Experience with content analysis, coverage, and development a plus
I can do nothing now but wonder how’s the life of their analysts and how many bowls of popcorns they consume a day.
Featured image courtesy of New York Film Academy
Read more by Yazhmin Malajito:
MRT-3 now allows bottled water and other liquids beyond 100 mL
You can keep your mobile number for life under this new law
Two prominent fast food chains and gov’t offices identified as Manila Bay polluters
Attention companies: Durian can be your answer to earth-friendly packaging
Legazpi Sunday Market is moving to make way for a multi-level car park