Add a floral touch to your ceviche with roselle tea
250 g. Maya Maya fillet
1 cup dried roselle flower
3 cups water
1/2 cup salt
1/3 cup white sugar
1/8 cup (20g) green mangoes,
4 pcs. garlic clove, mashed
1/8 cup (20g) red onion, thinly sliced
3 pcs. green chili, thinly sliced
1tbsp. calamansi juice
Salt and pepper
For fish brine:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of water, 150 g. of salt salt, and 100 g. of white sugar until completely dissolved.
2. Soak fish fillet for 5 minutes.
3. Pat dry.
4. Place fish on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
For roselle tea infusion:
1. In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water and dried roselle for 5 minutes. Let it cool
with the dried flowers in it.
2. Drain. Set tea mixture aside. Flowers may be eaten or used as garnish.
1. Slice cured fish fillet in cubes.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix fish and calamansi juice. Add roselle tea infusion, garlic,
red onion, green mangoes, and green chili. Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: You can buy dried roselle flowers from Earthbeat Farms in Brgy. San Jose Malamig, San Pablo City. Instagram.com/earthbeatfarms