Here’s a matcha margarita recipe to lift your spirits
Make it with or without the booze
May 10, 2018
I don’t even drink that much so I have no idea why I’m sharing this recipe, but I do like matcha, so maybe this could work!
Out of all the cocktails I’ve tried in my lifetime, margaritas hold a special spot on my list. More specifically, frozen margaritas. They’re like the quintessential summer drink if you want a little booze to perk you up. I stumbled upon this recipe on Well + Good and what I like about it is that it’s healthy, too. Scroll down for the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
3 oz. cashew cream (learn how to make your own here)
½ oz. agave nectar
1 oz. water
½ scoop of matcha powder
1 ½ oz. silver tequila
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add the agave nectar.
- Whisk together the matcha powder, water, and the cashew cream. Blend until it becomes frothy.
- Add the tequila.
- Pour everything into a shaker and, well, shake.
- Pour contents into a cocktail glass of your choice and bring out your (steel) straw.
- Wear sunglasses and enjoy!
Header courtesy of Well + Good
Read more from Bea Llagas:
This Poblacion pregame spot lets you make all the noise you want
Meet the Filipino baristas serving world-class coffee
5 new Poblacion spots to try for your next night out
Eating crickets can be good for metabolism, new study says
Here’s where you can eat unlimited USDA prime steak for only P1,800