Here’s a matcha margarita recipe to lift your spirits
Make it with or without the booze
May 10, 2018
I don’t even drink that much so I have no idea why I’m sharing this recipe, but I do like matcha, so maybe this could work!
Out of all the cocktails I’ve tried in my lifetime, margaritas hold a special spot on my list. More specifically, frozen margaritas. They’re like the quintessential summer drink if you want a little booze to perk you up. I stumbled upon this recipe on Well + Good and what I like about it is that it’s healthy, too. Scroll down for the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
3 oz. cashew cream (learn how to make your own here)
½ oz. agave nectar
1 oz. water
½ scoop of matcha powder
1 ½ oz. silver tequila
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add the agave nectar.
- Whisk together the matcha powder, water, and the cashew cream. Blend until it becomes frothy.
- Add the tequila.
- Pour everything into a shaker and, well, shake.
- Pour contents into a cocktail glass of your choice and bring out your (steel) straw.
- Wear sunglasses and enjoy!
Header courtesy of Well + Good
Read more from Bea Llagas:
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Eating low-carb doesn’t have to be expensive
4 easy ways to eat more sustainably
Weird drinks that are clear as water but isn’t really water
Will UNESCO add sisig to its Intangible Cultural Heritage list?
The best ways to enjoy ice cream this summer