Here’s a matcha margarita recipe to lift your spirits
Make it with or without the booze
May 10, 2018
I don’t even drink that much so I have no idea why I’m sharing this recipe, but I do like matcha, so maybe this could work!
Out of all the cocktails I’ve tried in my lifetime, margaritas hold a special spot on my list. More specifically, frozen margaritas. They’re like the quintessential summer drink if you want a little booze to perk you up. I stumbled upon this recipe on Well + Good and what I like about it is that it’s healthy, too. Scroll down for the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
3 oz. cashew cream (learn how to make your own here)
½ oz. agave nectar
1 oz. water
½ scoop of matcha powder
1 ½ oz. silver tequila
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add the agave nectar.
- Whisk together the matcha powder, water, and the cashew cream. Blend until it becomes frothy.
- Add the tequila.
- Pour everything into a shaker and, well, shake.
- Pour contents into a cocktail glass of your choice and bring out your (steel) straw.
- Wear sunglasses and enjoy!
Header courtesy of Well + Good
Read more from Bea Llagas:
Sinigang can be soupless, wrapped in a burrito and still be amazing
There is no chop suey in China—and other dishes that aren’t actually Chinese
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these specials and discounts
8 Mediterranean restaurants to try this 2019
Wild coffee beans are now endangered