Heads up, avoid these roads over the weekend
There'll be road repairs and reblockings all over Metro Manila from Dec. 14 to 17
Dec 14, 2018
Now that we’re approaching Christmas, we’re starting to see worsening traffic. It’s no secret that the season is a busy time for Metro Manila roads, with either city dwellers going out to spend time with their families in the province or tourists both foreign and local coming in to spend the holidays in the metro.
Making the traffic caused by the Christmas rush even worse, the Department of Public Works and Highways announced that they’ll be doing road repairs and reblockings all over Metro Manila starting Dec. 14 at 11 p.m. to Dec. 17 at 5 a.m. Here are the roads to avoid:
- Along EDSA in Quezon City, right after Oliveros Street
- Along Mindanao Avenue in Valenzuela City, from NLEX to P. Dela Cruz
- Along Batasan Road in Quezon City, before you reach Payatas Road
- Along C-5 Road in Taguig City, beside SM Aura
- Along EDSA in Quezon City, between Scout Borromeo and Network Drive (GMA 7)
- Along the MacArthur Highway in Caloocan City, between Calle Cuatro and Calle Uno
Featured photo courtesy of Inquirer.net
Get more stories like this by subscribing to our newsletter here.
Read more by Zofiya Acosta:
The National Planetarium’s new exhibit reminds us we have our own stars, too
The PNR will be using the first Philippine-made train starting this March
LOOK: Manila’s first vegan soft-serve sorbet at UP Town Center
Malang, Fernando Botero, David Medalla, and other artists featured for Art Fair 2019
The LRT and MRT might become midnight trains soon
Can you find this ’20s-themed speakeasy?