Make this trout and carrot tagliatelle dish the center of your brunch table
4 trout fillets (about 160 g. each)
400 g. carrots, trimmed
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. sherry vinegar
8 basil leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Rinse and dry fish fillets. Set aside.
2. Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, shave carrots into thin wide strips. Then, cut them into thin ribbons resembling tagliatelle noodles.
3. In a saucepan, bring two cups water with salt to a boil. Blanch carrots for one to two minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add the carrots, curry powder, sherry vinegar, garlic, and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook fillets for about two minutes. Flip and continue cooking the other side for another 30 seconds.
6. Arrange carrot tagliatelle on a serving platter and top with fillets.
7. Serve hot.
This story was originally published in Southern Living, May 2017.