This honey banana cake is naturally sweet, you won’t need a lot of sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
3 medium bananas
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup milk
Icing sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. While waiting, grease a tin rectangle cake mold using butter or baking spray.
- Using a paddle attachment for mixers, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add honey and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Mash the bananas and add to the mixture. Dissolve the baking soda into milk. Alternately add the flour and milk to the mixture.
- Pour the banana mixture into the cake mold and bake for around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer cake to a plate and garnish with icing sugar.
This story was originally published in Northern Living, July 2016.