How much does a COVID-19 test cost in your nearby hospital?
We’ve covered what happens in a swab test. Now, here’s what you need to consider when you’re planning for one
Jul 22, 2020
As thousands of COVID-19 cases are reported daily, more hospitals around the metro have begun offering tests for those who may have been exposed to the virus.
One of the most common tests being offered is the swab test or the real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test. This identifies the virus through a throat or nasal swab samples collected of which are then transported to a laboratory for analysis.
We’ve covered what you need to prepare for and how long you’ll need to wait if you’re going through a COVID-19 test, but how much will it cost you? Here’s a list to help you out:
Cardinal Santos Medical Center
CSMC's Drive Thru Lab Works is available this July 6, 2020.Here's a step-by-step process on how you can avail it.
- P3,000 with results in three to five days
- Walk-ins are accepted and appointments can be scheduled online
Makati Medical Center
- P8,150 with results in two to three days
- Contact 8888-8999 for appointments
St. Luke’s Medical Center – Bonifacio Global City
St. Luke’s Medical Center is now offering COVID-19 RT-PCR Swab Testing for ASYMPTOMATIC PATIENTS via drive-thru. We…
- P6,500 for asymptomatic patients; P5,777.78 for senior citizens. Results within two to three days
- Contact 8789-7700 loc. 2677 or 5104, 0998-5822093 or 0998-5822276 for appointments
St. Luke’s Medical Center – Quezon City
- P4,300 for walk-in outpatients with results within two to three days
- Contact 8789-7700 loc. 2677/5104, 0998-5822093 or 0998-5822276 for appointments
The Medical City – Ortigas
The ECLIA antibody test has finally arrived in the Philippines!TMC is proud to launch its COVID Drive-Thru Testing…
- P8,150 with results within two to three days
- Contact 8988-1000 or 8988-7000 loc. 6267 for appointments
Dr. Victor R. Potenciano Medical Center (VRPMC)
- P 9,000-10,000 with results in three to seven days
- Contact 8464-9999 for appointments. Walk-ins are currently not accepted
Header photo by Lyn Rillon for Inquirer.net
Get more stories like this by subscribing to our weekly newsletter here.
TAGS: Cardinal Santos Medical Center covid-19 covid-19 test covid-19 testing sites Dr. Victor R. Potenciano Medical Center Makati Medical Center nolisoli st. luke's medical center swab test The medical city
Note for your market list: DA set new price guidelines for products
Students are stressed, but so are teachers. Now how do we help them prepare?
4 youth activists who bravely demand gov’t action on climate change besides Greta Thunberg
Paying utility bills? Get it done through these mobile apps
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Why do we love watching medical dramas so much?