As thousands of COVID-19 cases are reported daily, more hospitals around the metro have begun offering tests for those who may have been exposed to the virus.
One of the most common tests being offered is the swab test or the real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test. This identifies the virus through a throat or nasal swab samples collected of which are then transported to a laboratory for analysis.
We’ve covered what you need to prepare for and how long you’ll need to wait if you’re going through a COVID-19 test, but how much will it cost you? Here’s a list to help you out:
Cardinal Santos Medical Center
- P3,000 with results in three to five days
- Walk-ins are accepted and appointments can be scheduled online
Makati Medical Center
- P8,150 with results in two to three days
- Contact 8888-8999 for appointments
St. Luke’s Medical Center – Bonifacio Global City
- P6,500 for asymptomatic patients; P5,777.78 for senior citizens. Results within two to three days
- Contact 8789-7700 loc. 2677 or 5104, 0998-5822093 or 0998-5822276 for appointments
St. Luke’s Medical Center – Quezon City
- P4,300 for walk-in outpatients with results within two to three days
- Contact 8789-7700 loc. 2677/5104, 0998-5822093 or 0998-5822276 for appointments
The Medical City – Ortigas
- P8,150 with results within two to three days
- Contact 8988-1000 or 8988-7000 loc. 6267 for appointments
Dr. Victor R. Potenciano Medical Center (VRPMC)
- P 9,000-10,000 with results in three to seven days
- Contact 8464-9999 for appointments. Walk-ins are currently not accepted
Header photo by Lyn Rillon for Inquirer.net
Get more stories like this by subscribing to our weekly newsletter here.