Create your own slip-free bath mat
Mar 11, 2017 |
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
6 wooden planks (17” length, 1 1/2” width, 1.5 cm thickness)
4 of the same planks (12” length)
Heavy duty wood glue
Sealant or varnish for wood
Rubber lining or mat
- Remove embedded nails, if any.
- Line up the 17-inch planks on a surface to form the top of the mat, spacing them about half an inch apart.
- Glue the four foot-long planks on top of the lined-up planks, securing them firmly, and spacing them evenly across the planks, making sure they are flat and no bumps are created by the glue underneath.
- When the glue is dry, turn over the mat, and sand all the planks to smoothen surfaces and edges.
- Finish with a sealant or varnish in a shade of your choice.
- Place rubber lining underneath the mat on the floor to prevent slipping.