If you are a fan of Bon Appétit’s Gourmet Makes segment with Claire Saffitz, this recipe is for you. Although do note that we will not be making instant pancit canton from scratch as they do in their test kitchen, rather we will be upgrading this pantry staple to gourmet quality with a few easy tweaks care of Instagram home cook, Myron Nepomuceno.
1 pack instant pancit canton cooked according to package instruction (any variant)
75 g marinated boneless chicken strips
2 tbsp. cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp. grated parmesan
For the chicken marinade:
2 tsp. Korean chili paste (Gochujang)
1 tbsp. soy sauce
- In a pan with a small amount of oil, sear the marinated chicken.
- Add minced garlic, sauté until the chicken turns light brown.
- Add in cooked instant pancit canton and continue stir-frying.
- Set aside stir-fried noodles on a serving plate.
- In the same pan, mix together milk, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour cheese sauce on top of the cooked noodles
- Serve with garnish or extra toppings like cilantro pesto.
Writer: CHRISTIAN SAN JOSE RECIPE MYRON NEPOMUCENO