This Keto-friendly bread is your intro to baking with coconut flour
If you’re looking for a gluten-free and low-carb alternative to regular flour, your best bet is coconut flour. Not only is it keto-friendly, but it is also relatively cheaper than other low-carb options in the market.
However, substituting your regular flour with coconut flour isn’t as easy as it sounds. It’s very dense and requires a large number of eggs for it to bake properly. Do not fret, this simple bread loaf recipe is all you need to introduce you to baking with coconut flour.
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. fine iodized salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 whole head of garlic, peeled and minced
1/8 cup fennel flowers
1/8 cup dried cranberries, optional
1/2 tbsp. butter for greasing the bread pan
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Sift together coconut flour, fine iodized salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, and olive oil. Slowly add the mixture to the sifted dry ingredients. Use a spatula to mix until smooth.
- Fold in garlic and cranberries.
- Prepare and grease the bread pan, then add the batter. Garnish with fennel flowers before popping in the oven. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
This story originally appeared in Southern Living Discourse Issue