SSS sickness reimbursement, maternity and retirement notification are now all digital
SSS adds to their all-online processes—from calamity loans, unemployment benefit claims, sickness reimbursement and retirement benefits
Jul 8, 2020
Following the Social Security System’s online application for calamity loans that gave those affected by the pandemic P20,000, the state-run insurance company has also made other benefit applications available digitally. Without a need for long queues and over-the-counter contacts, citizens can easily apply for these benefits from the safety of their homes.
Patuloy ang digitization efforts ng SSS upang palitan na ang dating paraan ng pagsusumite ng application forms over-the-counter sa aming mga SSS branches. MAS PINASIMPLE.MAS PINADALI.MAS PINABILIS.
As of today, July 8, citizens may apply for and complete the following benefits online:
- Unemployment Benefit Claim – Cash benefit for employees, including house helps and Overseas Filipino Workers, that have been involuntarily separated from their jobs
- Calamity Loan Assistance Program – Loan of as high as P20,000 payable for over 24 months with 10 percent interest per annum for those affected by calamities such as the coronavirus pandemic
- Salary Loan – Cash loan granted to an employed, currently-paying self-employed or voluntary member intended to meet the member’s short-term credit
- Sickness Notification – Employees’ notification for their employers in the case that they have injuries or sickness which need confinement from working to be used for reimbursement
- Sickness Benefit Reimbursement Application – Payment and reimbursement for sickness allowance and confinement fees
- Maternity Notification – For pregnant women to be used for maternity leaves and other benefits
- Retirement Benefit Notification – For soon-to-be retirees applying for pension and dependents’ allowances
To apply, members must be qualified for the respective benefit or loan they are applying for. Visit the SSS website for the complete list of requirements. Once all requirements are secured, simply log on to https://www.sss.gov.ph/ through your My.SSS web portal credentials and select the application from the E-Services dropdown bar. Complete the forms as requested. Updates and notifications of your applications will be received through your contact details or SSS portals.
For payments, SSS reminds their members to enroll their disbursement accounts online. To do so, simply go to the Bank Enrollment Module on your My.SSS portal and follow the instructions.
Get more stories like this by subscribing to our weekly newsletter here.
OPINION: Mayor Isko Moreno’s idea of ‘reviving’ a park—a free public space—is putting up a coffee shop. Really?
The emperor’s new clothes strictly for the ’gram
Frontliners can get free rides from MMDA’s Pasig River Ferry Service during the MECQ
For the job hunter: 5 work at home careers you can start with
Up next on 2020 casualties: The historic Philam Life Theater