The Midnight Museum is back—this time, it’s a game night with the dead
Consider this a Halloween pre-game
Oct 4, 2018
Remember Pixar’s film Coco? Their version of the Mexican traditional holiday Day of the Dead looks fun and amusing, contrary to what its name implies, right? Well, you can celebrate Dia de Muertos this month here in the city, too, but in the form of museum tour and games.
Ayala Museum’s Midnight Museum is back and on its fifth year, it’s themed Dia de Muertos: Forgotten Souls. It “gives tribute to the souls that have been outcast and forgotten by society; souls unable to find peace and unable to crossover to the land of the dead: our unnamed heroes, los angelitos, victims of injustice, tormented souls, and the unseen elementals.” On Oct. 26, help guide the souls to peaceful repose through rituals, superstitions, and ceremonial challenges.
Gather your friends for a night at the museum with souls that you won’t dare forget.
MIDNIGHT MUSEUM 2018
Dia de Muertos: Forgotten Souls
26 October 2018 pic.twitter.com/aLQBPWQFWL
— Ayala BOOseum 👻 (@ayalamuseum) October 3, 2018
There will be a 30-minute horror adventure tour with the performance company Sipat Lawin Ensemble, Ayala Museum’s partner for the event. After the tour, participate in the Mexican game, Loteria, a game of chance and wit with a Filipino twist.
The activities can get exhausting, so there will also be overflowing tacos, nachos, tequila, and other Mexican food at the Dia De Munchies booth at the Ayala Museum Plaza.
Here’s the ticket rates for the Dia de Muertos:
- P700: Early bird per head (will pay on or before October 14, 6pm)
- P850: Regular fee per head
- P650: Group rate per head (4 or more tickets)
- P700: Ayala Museum Members, Ayala Group Employees, ARC Card holders, Undergraduate Students, Mexican Citizens.
The ticket is inclusive of the following:
- 30 minutes: Forgotten Souls horror adventure tour with Sipat Lawin
- 30 minutes: Fil-Mexican Loteria Game Night
- Unlimited Access: Ayala Museum Galleries, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to midnight
- Freebies and discounts from Dia De Munchies booths
Time slot options:
- 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Here are the steps to join:
- Email, call or visit Ayala Museum to check if there are still slots available for the game.
- Purchase a ticket to confirm a slot for the game.
- Registration. Bring your ticket on the day of the event and register at the Midnight Museum booth. After successfully registering, your ticket will be validated by an Ayala Museum representative, indicating your time slot.
For more information, visit Ayala Museum’s website.
Featured image courtesy of Unsplash
Get more stories like this by subscribing to our weekly newsletter here.
Support local products at this food trade show this weekend
Climate change is a racist and classist crisis—and it’s the youth who will inherit it
Why do cosmetic brands find it difficult to set up refilling stations?
For Biodiversity Day, Lacoste is replacing its crocodile insignia with 10 new endangered species
Inquirer Best Desserts is back for its fifth run with more local sweets