We’ll miss your shenanigans, Adam West
The iconic star dies this month at 88 years old
Jun 11, 2017
Those were the resounding words of the original Batman that our parents were familiar with. Adam West, who played the iconic caped crusader from 1966-68, died on Friday night, June 9. West, whose later roles in the industry included the voice-over of Mayor West from Family Guy and a few stints on Robot Chicken.
The actor died at the age of 88, after a short-lived battle with leukemia. His portrayal of Batman will be remembered throughout the fandom, representing the humorous side of the character. This was a far cry from the dark, brooding Batmans that was depicted by the likes of Michael Keaton, Bruce Willis, Christopher Nolan, and more recently Ben Affleck.
So in honor of the boom-pow-zlott-biff producing Batman, we’ve gathered five of his best quotes from the series.
1. Robin: “You can’t get away from Batman that easy!”
Batman: “Good grammar is essential, Robin.”
Robin: “Thank you.”
Batman: “You’re welcome.”
2. “It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park”.
3. Batman: “Better put 5 cents in the meter.”
Robin: “No policeman’s going to give the Batmobile a ticket.”
Batman: “This money goes to building better roads. We all must do our part.”
4. “That’s one trouble with dual identities, Robin. Dual responsibilities.”
5. “It’s obvious. Only a criminal would disguise himself as a licensed, bonded guard yet callously park in front of a fire hydrant.”
Fire strikes milk tea shop at Glorietta 2
Students will soon need to plant 10 trees each before graduating
Vote-buying will never be an acceptable practice, Mr. President
Confirmed: Our plastic trash has already reached the deepest part of the sea
World Street Food Congress canceled again with “no reason nor rhyme”