White truffle pasta
65g heavy cream
60g fettuccine pasta
10ml white truffle oil
15g bacon bits
3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
10g parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta according to package instruction or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine heavy cream, truffle oil, egg and half of parmesan cheese then whisk until well blended.
- Heat a pan and cook bacon bits until crispy. Dry with paper towels.
- On the same pan, sauté sliced shiitake mushrooms until done.
- As soon as the pasta is done, strain then combine it immediately with your cream mixture. Toss the shiitake mushrooms and bacon bits along with your pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a serving bowl then garnish with parsley and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
This recipe was originally published in Northern Living, December 2014.