Substitute noodles for zucchinis and carrots in this simple vegetable pasta
2 heads of garlic, whole 5 to 6 tomatoes
5 cups olive oil
2 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 cup tofu, cubed Cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice zucchinis and carrots into fine strips. Make sure to slice them into equal sizes.
2. Cut the garlic into a round shape and cut the tomatoes into a “petal” shape. Make sure to remove the seeds from the tomatoes.
3. In a medium-sized pot, combine olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Put the pot on low heat for around 30 minutes to infuse all the flavors into the oil.
4. Prepare a medium sautéing pan on medium heat. Pour in olive oil then add herbs and tomatoes to create infused oil. Once the oil gets hot, toss in the sliced zucchinis and carrots and sauté for 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. To assemble, place the sautéed carrots and zucchinis on a plate. Torch the tofu cubes and add a little oil and salt. Place on top of the vegetables and garnish with cilantro.
This recipe was originally published in Northern Living, January 2017.