We made cauliflower pizza and it tasted as good as the real thing
1 large egg, lightly beaten
200g. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
5 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
Crushed red pepper flakes
4 1/2 tbsp. tomato sauce
Fresh button mushrooms
Parmesan cheese, grated
Quesong puti, crumbled
Fresh tomato sauce
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and add a splash of water. Cover. Microwave for 3 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool. Dry out in a low oven.
- Grate cauliflower.
- Add the egg, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and basil. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet and form crust into the shape you desire. Pat down to create a flat surface.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and rm to the touch.
- Spread tomato sauce over crust. Top with cheeses, mushrooms, and pepperoni.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
This recipe was originally published in Northern Living, September 2017.