The key to a delicious, fresh, hearty breakfast is good prep. At least that’s the breakfast gospel content creator and creative Jezzie (a.k.a. @seaxsalt on Instagram) believes in. In our latest episode of Comfort Kitchen, Jezzie shared a simple and relatively quick recipe for tomato jam hand galettes. It’s the kind of meal you should make if you want a luxurious breakfast without the luxury of time.
“I discovered this recipe when I was looking for easy breakfast ideas where I would have to prep it in one day and keep the rest in the fridge for an easier and minimal breakfast prep,” said Jezzie.
Of all the dish’s main components, only the tomato jam requires active cooking and preparing. The pie base can be prepared ahead of time (or even store bought or a piece of crusty bread if time is truly of the essence) and then all you’ll have to worry about is assembly.
And eating it, of course.
Tomato Jam Hand Galette
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Pie scraps
- Ricotta cheese
- Dice tomatoes, cut into larger pieces if you want a chunkier jam, smaller pieces if you want a smoother jam
- Place all the tomatoes in a pot
- Add sugar, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar in the pot
- Mix thoroughly
- Bring to medium heat and let simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the consistency is thick and resembles a jam
- Let it cool in room temperature
- Use any crusty base that you like. You can use pie scraps (or pie dough), sourdough, or ciabatta.
- Spread your preferred cheese to your base and bake or toast
- Add the tomato jam to your toasted base and top it with basil and flaky salt