Love or career? Survey says 84 percent of Filipinos choose both
Because why not?
Feb 14, 2018
If you have to choose between love and career, which would you choose? That is a question Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling’s characters had to answer in the 2016 musical film La La Land. It’s also the same dilemma 2016 Star Cinema movie How To Be Yours tackled. But if anything, that question sounds like a query for a Miss Universe candidate. In fact, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach answered that question in an interview with Buzzfeed. “Career. If the guy really loves you, he will wait,” she said. And it seems like many Filipinos share the same mindset as the beauty queen.
In a recent survey conducted by the Social Weather Stations (SWS), 59 percent of the 1,200 respondents said that they would choose career over romance. The remaining 41 percent would put love first.
When SWS asked the respondents if it’s possible to succeed in both career and romance, 84 percent of the respondents answered that it’s possible to do it. In fact, 66 percent of them were able to balance the two. Well, I can imagine how difficult it is to succeed in both. The bottom line, though, is it’s possible.
The survey was conducted nationwide with participants of legal age. Although it gives us a general picture, the survey does not provide any tips from the participants on how to juggle both love and career. I guess you’d have to figure it out by experience.
Header image courtesy of Inquirer.net/Jory Rivera
Sorry to tell you but that viral garlic hack doesn’t really work
Why is Pres. Duterte mum over the plight of fishermen attacked at Recto Bank?
Head’s up, cinephiles from the south: Hungarian Film Fest is coming to Davao and Cebu
Learn about slow fashion from people who really live it at this talk and workshop
A museum dedicated to the Bulaceño propagandista you probably don’t know