Cook your pinangat na tulingan like your lola would—in a clay pot
700 g. medium-sized tulingan or tuna
30 pcs. sun-dried kamias
4 tbsp. rock salt
11 cups of water
Basil flowers and sorrel wood for garnish
- Place banana leaves inside the pot and add sun-dried kamias.
- Wrap the head part of tulingan or tuna to prevent it from falling apart while cooking.
- Put wrapped fish in the clay pot and add salt and water.
- Place clay pot over medium heat and wait for it to boil. Once it reaches boiling point, adjust fire to low heat. Cover clay pot.
- Let it cook for about 4 hours.