1/2 kilo pork, cubes
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1 cup water
5 garlic cloves, smashed
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. whole peppercorn
- Place pork cubes, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic cloves, bay leaves, and peppercorns into a pot.
- Place over medium heat until boiling. Lower heat and leave to simmer.
- When pork is tender (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours), remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cooking oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Gently place pork cubes into the pan, leaving out the sauce.
- Fry pork cubes until edges are crisp, then add 1 cup of the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.