Here’s a matcha margarita recipe to lift your spirits
Make it with or without the booze
May 10, 2018
I don’t even drink that much so I have no idea why I’m sharing this recipe, but I do like matcha, so maybe this could work!
Out of all the cocktails I’ve tried in my lifetime, margaritas hold a special spot on my list. More specifically, frozen margaritas. They’re like the quintessential summer drink if you want a little booze to perk you up. I stumbled upon this recipe on Well + Good and what I like about it is that it’s healthy, too. Scroll down for the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
3 oz. cashew cream (learn how to make your own here)
½ oz. agave nectar
1 oz. water
½ scoop of matcha powder
1 ½ oz. silver tequila
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add the agave nectar.
- Whisk together the matcha powder, water, and the cashew cream. Blend until it becomes frothy.
- Add the tequila.
- Pour everything into a shaker and, well, shake.
- Pour contents into a cocktail glass of your choice and bring out your (steel) straw.
- Wear sunglasses and enjoy!
Header courtesy of Well + Good
Read more from Bea Llagas:
Google walks you through Japanese cuisine with this digital exhibit
This local airline now serves comfort food and vegetarian meals
Have more options to grill in this Vietnamese barbecue place
Celebrate the Mid-Autumn festival with mooncakes from these shops
3 no-marinate recipes you can cook in under 30 mins