Less than two weeks left till the national and local elections! As the candidates spend the last few days campaigning, what we voters can do is prepare ourselves for the big day.
Aside from preparing your list of candidates to vote for, make sure you also check your precinct beforehand. Comelec has already made the voter precinct finder accessible through their website—this also includes information on your voter status.
If you find that your registration status is deactivated, Comelec commissioner George Garcia said in a Teleradyo interview that you can also double-check your registration status with your local Comelec.
We asked @COMELEC Commissioner George Garcia on this matter, and here's what he said. #Halalan2022 https://t.co/WQiXz8xTrc pic.twitter.com/txoFAerVvi— Christian Yosores (@chrisyosores) April 24, 2022
On May 9, voting centers will open at 6 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
Comelec outlines the steps in voting for the national and local elections as follows:
- Have your temperature checked before entering the voting center
- Proceed to the Voters’ Assistance Desk (VAD) to secure your precinct and sequence numbers and assigned room or clustered precinct
- Go to your assigned room and introduce yourself to the Electoral Board by stating your name, precinct number, and sequence numbers
- Get your ballot, ballot secrecy folder, and marking pen and fill out the ballot at the voting area
- Accomplish the ballot by fully shading the oval appearing before the name of the candidate you wish to vote for. Do not overvote
- Feed the ballot into the Vote Counting Machine (VCM)
- Check your voter’s receipt and then deposit it in the receptacle
- Have your right forefinger nail stained with indelible ink
In case there are differences between your actual votes and what has been recorded on your voter’s receipt, you must inform the electoral board so they can record that there has been a discrepancy.
Also make sure that you have filled out both sides of the ballot, and only the correct number of candidates required per position.
Practice social distancing and disinfect regularly. You may also consider voting during off-peak hours to avoid crowds.
Lastly, remember that photos and videos are not allowed inside the voting area, and it is illegal to take photos of your ballot.