8 pcs. chicken wings (cut into 2)
1/4 tsp. black ground pepper
1/4 tsp. iodized salt
1 tsp. chicken powder
Cooking oil for deep frying
For the sauce:
3 1/2 tbsp. palm oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. siling labuyo, chopped
- Marinate chicken in spices for two hours.
- Fry chicken at 180˚ Celsius for four to five minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Lift the fry basket and shake off oil. Drain excess oil from the chicken wings using a paper towel then set aside.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Sauté garlic until it’s aromatic. Add brown sugar.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add siling labuyo and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Pour sauce onto fried chicken wings. To coat them equally, toss the wings in the sauce.
- Arrange chicken wings on a plate and drizzle with excess glaze.
This recipe was originally published in Northern Living, March 2017.
RECIPE ERNZ OWERA OF MANAM COMFORT FILIPINO